Operations Team Purpose Statement
Serve vendors, trades, and the Schuber Mitchell Homes Sales and Build teams in all regions.
Revit Drafter Purpose Statement
Work closely with the Design Manager to perform daily design tasks that will serve our operations, build, and sales teams ensuring the right details are correct on our build plans, and the information from those plans are clear to our employees, vendors, and trades in their region.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with the Design Manager to accurately and quickly prepare homes to go to the build process
- Interacting with cities to retrieve building permits and overseeing the permitting process
- Draft plans based on customer and sales team selections
- Review and approve truss designs based on existing plan sets
- Assist in Pre-construction meetings and plan audit reviews
- Assist Senior Designer on new Plan Designs
- Assist Senior Designer by updating plan versions to all plan families
- Assist and support builders and sales out in the field
- 1+ years experience working with Revit
- Working knowledge of Auto CAD
- Familiarity with Photoshop/InDesign
- Proficient in the use of Windows operating system
- Must be able to think analytically, with the use of math, computers, and processes
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Relational: in order to be successful, you must be able to communicate effectively and build trust
- Self-Starter: ambitious, motivation is key
- Inquisitive: always ask questions, you must discover the needs of those you want to serve
- Superior organizational skills and time management skills
- Detailed: always ensure accuracy of information
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment.
- Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation. Hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Effective communication skills when dealing with co-workers and trade partners.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Ability to lift 5-10 pounds.
Hours & Salary Range
- 40 hours per week (8am-5pm, Monday - Friday)
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips or to meet deadlines
- Position is exempt from overtime
Comprehensive employee benefit package
Company-issued cell phone
Employer paid life insurance
Company training and travel
Company-sponsored vision trips
Paid vacation/sick/holiday time